The Arc of New Mexico depends on public donations to sustain our work. You can make a one-time gift or a recurring gift. Make a donation now to support our mission to benefit all individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in New Mexico. https://www.arcnm.org/donate-now/.
Please consider naming The Arc of New Mexico has a beneficiary in your will or living trust. Such gifts enable you to make significant contributions that may not have been possible during your lifetime. Charitable bequests can take various forms and listed below are some examples of common language you can use to fulfill your goals:
* Unrestricted Bequest: I give to (legal name of institution, address) the sum of $______ Dollars (or _____% or fraction of my adjusted gross estate) as a charitable gift for its general purposes.
* Restricted Bequest: I give to (legal name of institution, address) the sum of $______ Dollars (or ____% of my adjusted gross estate) as a charitable gift to be used for (describe the purpose for the gift).
* Bequest of Residuary Estate: After making the above gifts to my family and specific persons, I give all remaining property owned by me at death, wherever located, to (legal name of charity, address).
* Unrestricted Bequest of Specific Property, Endowment: I give the following property to (legal name of institution, city and state) to be held as an endowment, the net income of which may, along with any appreciation (whether realized or unrealized), be spent for its general purposes: (describe property- real estate, gold jewelry, or valuable coin or art collection; insert specific description and where located.
* Contingent Bequest: I give the residue of my estate to my spouse (or other designee) if he survives me. If he does not survive me, I give my residuary estate to (legal name of charity, city and state) for its general purposes.
A memorial gift is a beautiful and lasting tribute for a loved one or to a family as an expression of sympathy. Family and friends can be recognized with a gift in their honor. This might be for a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary, holiday, wedding, retirement, etc.